Friday, April 27, 2012

If I Were a Boy

I ran again yesterday, on a different trail in a different part of the city, but the results were pretty much the same.  During the hour I was out there, huffing and puffing, I had some time to think about how things would be easier if I was born a boy.  I mean, they really would.  I know ladies are hard to understand, so maybe I'm being biased because I'm a girl and I understand me.  All I want is to have someone think of me as important and make time for me - there's no mystery there.  I'm sure I could figure it out if I were a dude, because I think I'd be a sensitive, artsy type and the girls would swoon.  

Know that I have no desire to actually BE a guy, but I know that if I were a boy version of me, I would be a catch.  Think about it:  I own my own car, I have a good, steady job, I'm good with kids, I'm sweet, I'm complimentary, I'm tall, I have a good relationship with my parents, I'm not hairy, I can sing well, I play the guitar, I love Jesus, I have good friends, I'm sociable, I'm funny, I can deal with crying, I don't pick fights and I love animals, just to name a few things.  I'd basically be Ryan Gosling, minus the beard and questionable fashion choices.  I would be in high demand if I were a boy.

But, I wasn't born a boy. I am girl and I am a dork.  I send pictures like this to the guy I'm smitten over:
What a nerd-o. 

Yes, I did actually send this.  I made the sign, took the picture and sent it.  Where were you to stop me?  After the text went out, I groaned.  "Gah!  You're a complete moron. *headdesk*"

If I sent a picture like that to a girl, she would die of cuteness overload.  You send a picture like that to a guy and he, well, he probably groans too.

Surprisingly, he liked it.  I guess my dorkiness has won at least one person over - and my favorite person no less.  Yay on that. 

1 comment:

  1. I think from now on, all of your pictures should be in picture/word bubble format. Over time you would gain great experience in drawing perfect word bubbles. At some point you would find a very comfortable job working in the comic book industry drawing designer brand word bubbles for the big league companies. If you kept up your work as a word bubble designer long enough, you would become a millionaire by being hired by Microsoft's Clip Art Division. You would take the job of 75 hungry Lithuanian children, designing crudely drawn, poorly thought out images that "enhance" picture and text documents. Your name would be known by the world.
    I'm just saying, you could make millions. Or.... I'm just saying.... Well, hell I don't remember what I was saying.

    ReplyDelete