Monday, April 23, 2012

Google Maps Is Apparently Hard to Use

I went out with some friends on Saturday and decided to invite this guy I've been chatting with for a little while. I thought, what could be a better first hangout time than getting together for a fun night with some cool-ish people?

A little backstory on this guy first - he's not stupid, but he's definitely not going to be accused of being the smartest person anyone's ever met.  Can I just mention here how much of a jerk I feel like saying that?  I probably will regret writing that actually.  (By the way, the air up here on my high horse is very nice.)  He's kind of a meathead; in fact, let's call him Meathead.  Meathead is also quite a bit younger than I am.  Anyway, Meathead is seems really sweet and nice, so I stopped looking down my nose at him and gave him a chance to prove me wrong. 

It might be worth mentioning here that he's rather...attractive.  (Don't judge me.)

So, I (after swallowing what little pride I have left and wringing my hands for about an hour) invited him and he actually said he thought that would be fun.  Yay!  I wasn't rejected.  I was getting excited to have a nice hang out time with this guy and even started mentally planning my attire for the evening, then the most curious thing happened.  Meathead asked where we were going and I gave him the name and location of where we would be.  Then, after about a half hour, Meathead said he didn't know about going because he "didn't know where" the place was.

I'm sorry, what?  Okay.  I know that when you haven't been to a particular place before, it can be confusing, but this person works with computers.  COMPUTERS.  AND THE INTERNETS.  I didn't know that pulling the map for some place was such a complicated task.  Meathead did ask me if maybe we could to hang out instead, on his side of town because he wanted to see me, but I politely declined.  I mean.

Oh Meathead, you're trying to impress me right now, you know?  A little effort, like MapQuesting, never hurt anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment